Friday, May 11, 2012

it's a bittersweet symphony

It's time. This time tomorrow, I'll have been hooded. I'll be getting ready for what I hope is the party of the century. I'll be a PharmD. I should be bouncing off the damn walls, but with every minute, the heaviness in my heart is growing.

We're all going our separate ways. We're all moving on and starting new lives. We're really not going to be together after tomorrow, and it's just now sinking in. I feel like I've been hit by a train. These aren't just my classmates; these people are my family.

Time moves slow
And it's you who brought me here, you through all these years.


I can't even type it all out to you. I'm choking back tears, and I'm about to lose the battle. These people shaped me these past four years, some for six, and some more than others. You know who you are.

You're the other two amigos.

You're my fantastic roommates.

You're my Elmaymo.

You're my 9th floor of Martin.

You're my new additions.

You're my Ocala.

You're my Wild Wild West.

You're my Harry Potter midnight premiers

You're my Hernando family.

You're my PDC brothers.


There are so many memories I'm holding on to, so many laughs and late nights. I'm scared that's all I'll have after tomorrow: memories. And if even if that is the case, I am so grateful to have them going into this new part of my life. It gives me the strength to know I can make it though anything, knowing that we all made it through this, together.

The hours we keep, the days we save. They add up to years, now face to face. With you by my side, now I can stand to finally begin. 


I hope we stay connected. I hope we remain in each other's lives. I hope we take trips together. I hope our children know each other. I hope I don't lose you.

I've been waiting, I've been waiting for this moment all my life, but it's not quite right.

Tomorrow is happening. We're less than 24 hours away. Away from graduating, from PharmD, from being hooded, from being adults, from moving on from this chapter and sadly even from one another. It's all so bittersweet, and I'm probably going to breakdown soon. I hope you all know how much you mean to me, and I don't know who I'd be without you. We really are the best class.

Here's to the nights we felt alive. Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry. Here's to goodbye; tomorrow's going to come too soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment