Wednesday, May 2, 2012

miles and miles in my bare feet

Okay, so I was going to wait until after seeing them at BSMF to write about The Civil Wars, but I simply can't wait any longer. I've been "prepping" for these upcoming shows by listening to only the artists being featured during my normal activities of daily living, and generally I'm able to get stuff done and absorb the music at the same time. That's not the case with these guys. I can't get ANYTHING done when their music is on; I find myself entranced.

Exhibit A:  Falling--All about falling out of love, and being sorry about it.

Why am I feeling so guilty? Why am I holding my breath? Worry about everyone but me, and I just keep losing myself ...
 .
Exhibit B: C'est la Mort--It is life; It is death. A song about not being able to live without someone else. This music makes me such a sap, but god, it's beautiful

Let's walk down the road that has no end, steal away where only angels tread. Heaven of hell or somewhere in between, cross your heart and take me when you leave. 

Exhibit C: To Whom it May Concern--A letter to the love of their lives that they have yet to meet. Again, such a freaking sap, and I hate it, (but really I love it). 

Slowly counting the days till I finally know your name, ooh the way your hand feels around my waist, the way you laugh, the way your kisses taste. 

This is really the song that stopped me in my tracks, and subsequently found me putting it on repeat. It's actually taking me forever to write this post, because I keep pausing to soak it in.

Dear whoever you might be, I'm still waiting patiently. 


I cannot wait to hear them live. I have a feeling that they'll be even better in person, (like Kelly Clarkson and Mumford & Sons). Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it come Monday.

I don't have a choice, but I still choose you. I don't love you, but I always will

No comments:

Post a Comment