Friday, August 24, 2012

angels. airwaves.

If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire


It's time for a little background on the name of this blog. I know, I know, you've been dying to know, so without further ado, here it is:

Secret Crowds by Angels & Airwaves

If I had my own world, I'd love it for all that's inside it. There'd be no more wars, deaths or riots

If I had my own world, I'd show you the life that's inside it, the way that it glows  when you find it, the way it survives with its families, friends or its enemies.


I don't particularly know why this song speaks to me so much. Of course, I think families and friends and such are essential for a happy life. And I'm all for a more peaceful world, but I'm also a realist that understands that utopia doesn't exist and wars are needed to maintain order (to an extent). So, what is it?

Let me feel you, carry you higher, watch our words spread hope like fire.

To me, it's more about finding peace within yourself, which is an important and attainable thing. To those who have found it, I am envious. I feel like I'm close, but then the fact that I'm even talking/thinking/analyzing about it only proves that I'm not. That's really neither here nor there as far as this particular post is concerned. I fell in love with this song because of one line, the one that that lends this blog its name. It's the one soon to be permanently inked on my body. It's four simple words that I want to live my life by. It's the constant reminder to love and not carry around negativity. It's my rock.



If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire, from here to the far lands, to spread love like violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment