Sunday, September 30, 2012

i feel my heart start beating to my favorite song(s)

Well, so much for being a more consistent blogger.

So, for now I'm going to do four days' worth of the 30 day music challenge tonight, and hopefully I'll get to the other three tomorrow night.


3. A song that reminds of you of summertime.

So for this particular summer: National Anthem by Lana Del Rey.
Red, white, blues in the skies. Summer's in the air and baby heaven's in your eyes. Tell me I'm your national anthem.

The irony would be that I was in fact, no one's national anthem.


4. A song that reminds you of someone you'd rather forget about
Oh, I'll just narrow that down to every song ever written about love and/or heartbreak.

Evening Kitchen by Band of Horses.
My god, don't you hold out your hand. I called off my plans. I counted on you, on you..

I'm so ready to see them live.

And if you're ever left with any doubt, what you live with and what you'll do without. I'm only sorry that it took so long to figure out.

And I am sorry that it took me so long to see the real you, the ugly you. But now I can see that I can do without you, it's just the forgetting that I am waiting on.


5. A song that needs to be played on LOUD.
First of all, any song by the Black Keys. But, for the purposes of this post, I'm going to go with Blue Orchid by The White Stripes.

 You took a white orchid, you took a white orchid and turned it blue

How dare you? How old are you now, anyway?

I just want this song to play whenever I enter the room. It's so raw and powerful and for some reason makes me confident in myself. So, I play it with the volume all the way up in my car, and I feel like a badass.


6. A song that makes you want to dance. 
This was a two way tie between Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson and Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis.

Chelsea, Chelsea, I believe that when you're dancing slowly sucking your sleeve, that all the boys get lonely after you leave. And it's one for the dagger, and another for the one you believe. 

The Fratellis are an amazing band, and all of their songs are so catchy and fun, but this one really gets me moving, especially in the car.

Dirty Diana is just harder to dance to in a car.


Alright, that does it for this one. There's a lot of great new music out, so until next time, check out any or all of the following: Push and Shove (No Doubt), The Carpenter (The Avett Brothers), Mirage Rock (Band of Horses), Battle Born (The Killers), Babel (Mumford & Sons), Coexist (the xx).


 I turn the music up; I'm on a roll this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment