Sunday, September 23, 2012

the B-list


Alright, in an attempt to shake things up a bit and keep it interesting, I found this 30 day music challenge on tumblr, (http://mkmcanin.tumblr.com), and thought I'd give it a whirl. 

I'm going to try not to repeat any songs from the soundtrack post I did in April. 

Here's the list:

1. A song you like with a colour in the title
2. A song you like with a number in the title
3. A song that reminds you of summertime
4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget about
5. A song that needs to be played LOUD
6. A song that makes you want to dance
7. A song to drive to
8. A song about drugs or alcohol
9. A song that makes you happy
10. A song that makes you sad
11. A song that you never get tired of
12. A song from your preteen years
13. One of your favourite 80’s songs
14. A song that you would love played at your wedding
15. A song that has been covered by another artist
16. One of your favourite classical songs
17. A song that would sing a duet with on karaoke
18. A song from before you were born
19. A song that makes you think about life
20. A song that has many meanings to you
21. A favourite song with a person’s name in the title
22. A song that moves you forward
23. A song that you think everybody should listen to
24. A song by a band you wish were still together
25. A song by an artist no longer living
26. A song that makes you want to fall in love
27. A song that breaks your heart
28. A song by an artist with a voice that you love
29. A song that you remember from your childhood
30. A song that reminds you of yourself

So, since I started this on my tumblr yesterday, you'll get them both today.  

So, for number 1: 
Dark Blue--Jack's Mannequin

This night's a perfect shade of dark blue, dark blue. Have you ever been alone in a crowded room? When I'm here with you, I said the world could be burning down. 

aaaaaaaand for number 2: 
9 Crimes--Damien Rice

Leave me out with the waste; this is not what I do. It's the wrong kind of place to be thinking of you. It's the wrong time for somebody new. It's a small crime, and I've got no excuse.

This song is amazing. There really isn't much more to say. 

So, there were three other contenders for this one, so I think in the future I'll have a "number in the title" themed post. Runners up: 23--Jimmy Eat World (I already posted about this one), 3rd Planet--Modest Mouse, 33--Coheed and Cambria

I give my gun away when it's loaded. If you don't shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it?

Is that alright, is that alright, is that alright with you?



No...

No comments:

Post a Comment