Monday, April 16, 2012

may your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground

Carry on.

I am nothing less than obsessed with Fun. at the moment. I could listen to Some Nights on repeat for weeks, or at the very least, an entire day.

No, when I see stars, when I see stars, that's all they are. When I hear songs, they sound like a swan, so come on...


I don't really know what I am looking for in a life mate, but I can tell you that if they don't worship the very idea of music, then I can't be with them. There is no future. Music consumes me. All day, music floats through my head, triggering memories and feelings. I don't know what I'd do without music. When people ask the age-old "would you rather be blind or deaf?," I don't hesitate for a second. I would rather never see again than never hear the one thing I can always count on in my life. And I need someone who understands this. Music is such a big part of me; the best part, I think.

I knew there'd come a day, when all was said and done, and everything I want is everything but gone. All my big mistakes are bouncing off your wall. The bottles never break; the sun will never come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment